Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Oi, gente! (August 4)

Hola, família!

Hope y'all had a great week! My week here was good :)

This area really is great! I love serving here and hope I get the chance to serve here a little bit longer!

I had a few experiences this week that reinforced one of the most importante lessons I've learned on my mission. This lesson is eloquently summarized in D&C 18:

"Remember, the Worth of souls is great in the sight of God"

This week, we made a contact with an older man in the street. He was smiling from ear to ear. We talked with him about the church a little bit, and he told us that he already knew the church. He had already visited several times, had read the Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants and Jesus the Christ. He even asked us if we could get some extra copies of Jesus the Christ to give to his friends. We got his address and will go visit him this week.

We found a family this week, relatives of an investigator, who need the gospel so much. We found this Family in the midst of a time of trials, and were able to share the glad message of the gospel with them. They were so grateful for this message.

I'm amazed every single day, at the miracles I am able to see. This really is the Lord's work, and he is preparing people to hear about the gospel, and He puts them in our path (or us in their path) so that they might have the opportunity to hear about the gospel. It is such a blessing, and I am so grateful to be a part of this great work!

God is great!

Love you all so much, and hope you can recognize the miracles God puts in your path this week!

Love,
Sister Pennington

P.S. sorry if there are any weird spelling mistakes, the computer here is auto-correcting to Portuguese...)

No comments:

Post a Comment