Sunday, October 13, 2013

This week!

Hi everyone!

This week was pretty different than normal missionary weeks. We helped out at the ecumenical storehouse on Wednesday, which provides furniture for people in emergency situations who don't have any furniture in their homes. People come in and tell us what they need and we get to go through with them and help them pick out which things they want. It was so amazing! I helped this one woman who had nothing in her home. She was a single mom with an adorable 6 year old daughter. We were able to fill up her van with all of the furniture she needed. She was so grateful to us and the help that we gave her! She said that she was  looking for a church, so I gave her the address and time of ours, and hopefully we'll see her next week!

Funny story, we were contacting a potential investigator, and upon talking with him for a few minutes, it because very clear that he was extremely drunk. He was completely harmless, but it was an absolute waste to time to talk with him because guaranteed he wouldn't be able to remember anything we were saying. But he started to preach to us, and he got up really close to our faces and was saying, "you have the holy spirit, and you have the holy spirit, and you have the holy spirit" pointing to each of us in turn. We went on to do a nice little sermon that didn't really make any sense. It was pretty funny though.

I forgot to mention that last week was Sister Goates' birthday, so we went on a fun little explore in the woods, and it was really fun :)

Highlight of the week, however, was conference! It was so great! There's a wonderful member here, Sister Conneley, and she had meals between sessions for all 6 of the missionaries in the ward, recent converts, less active member and non-members. She had lunch on Saturday, breakfast and lunch on Sunday! She is so amazing!

Conference was absolutely amazing! If any of you missed it, members, non-members, go back and watch it! My favorite talk (if I had to pick one) was President Uchtdorf from the Saturday Morning session. It was amazing! Ya'll should watch it!

Sad news, Sister Jacobsen is being transferred on Wednesday :( Sister Goates and I will be staying here in Oak Ridge and we'll be getting a new companion (because they never leave a visa waiter in a companionship of only two people because as soon as I get my visa I go to Brazil). Sister Jacobsen will find out where she's going on Wednesday.

I don't have any stories that are too exciting this week, but I love the people I'm working with so much! I'm excited to go to Brazil someday, but I'm excited to be here now! I know there are people here that the Lord had put in my path to be a kind and loving to as I can!

I love you all so much and appreciate all of your love and prayers!

Sister Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment