Monday, January 6, 2014

It's snowing in Tennessee? (January 6)


Hey, everyone!

It's wicked cold here...Like teens and it's snowing! I really do like the snow and cold weather, but not when I have to go outside all day in a skirt...good thing I have leggings now :) Last Thursday we went tracting in the snow. It was wicked cold, and my toes still haven't defrosted....

A little late, but Sister Pennington on Christmas

So I just LOVED working with Sister Walser! She was so crazy pants! And I only got to be her companion for 6 days! If I've learned anything on my mission, it's that we need to be flexible enough to go along with the Lord's plans and timing :)


Sister Pennington and Sister Walser and Sister Roundy with fake mustaches on Christmas

On the upside though, we got Sister Ison, and she's a powerhouse missionary! She is an amazing teacher, and she is so bold! I've already learned so much from her, and I'm excited to continue to improve my teaching skills! Funny story, Sister Walser went where Sister Ison just came from (Wattoga) and so we literally just switched companions. It's pretty great :)

Anyways, but the most exciting part of our week was the ALLEY WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!! It was the coolest experience! It was awesome! She was really nervous leading up to it, but she was just running on an intense amount of faith! She said that she had made a deal with God that she was going to continue forward toward baptism, and that if it wasn't right He would tell her so. It was so powerful to see her countenance change as she came up out of the water. She was so happy! Her nervousness was gone, and she knew that what she did was right. She was already a bright and shiny human being, but giving her the added gift of the Holy ghost, as I said, really just completely changed her countenance. She shone with the light of the gospel, and the confidence that only comes through righteously following the example of our Savior and living the gospel of Jesus Christ. It was such an awesome experience.

Sister Pennington and her companions with Alley

Another picture with Alley :)

It was a really great week, there are more things I could write about, but everything else kind of pales in comparison to Saturday night. There's an LDS song called, "I am His daughter" and Kima Smith sang it at the baptism. It was really beautiful and very fitting to the occasion. It was such a blessing to be a part of one of God's daughters being spiritually born again as a true disciple of the Lord Jesus Christ. I have a firm testimony that this gospel I teach is true. I know that the Church that I represent is the true Church of Jesus Christ, and that through following the gospel of Jesus Christ, we can become clean, receive God's power through His spirit and return to live with our Father in Heaven and with our families for eternity. I bear witness of this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Sister Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment