Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Hi family! (November 4)

Nothing really too much happened this week...

The one miracle that happened, however, is we were finally able to start teaching Misty! I wrote about her a month or so ago, explaining about her extremely difficult medical and financial condition. We've tried very persistently to teach her, but she's always been too sick to see us. It was a complete miracle that she was feeling well enough for us to teach her this past week, and she was so excited and so touched by the message we shared with her. We were also able to start teaching her daughter, Lauren, and she is so excited about church! When we first met Lauren, she thought we were the DCS and even though we explained to her who we were, so was very hesitant to trust us, I'm assuming because of the terrible association she's had in the past with them. But now she loves us so much and is so excited every time we come over/ She has been to activity days several times, and came to church with us last week! She's so cute! She came to the trunk or treat last Wednesday, and we got a really cute picture with her that I'll have to print out and send to you :)

I don't really have a ton else to say, but I suppose I just want to take a moment of gratitude to all of the people from back home and in the mission who have been extremely supportive of me. I can feel all of your love and prayers for me and my family at this difficult time [Grandpa Dale, Tessa's maternal grandfather, died last week]. I love all of you so much and am so grateful for each and every one of you.

Love,

Sister Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment