Monday, March 24, 2014

Yet another week (March 5)

Hello, family!

So sorry that I couldn't write you on Monday, but everything was closed because of carnival! It's interesting being a missionary during carnival. I don't know what you know about the holiday, but it's the weekend leading up to Ash Wednesday and lent, and it's a time when people just go crazy pants. I heard (and I really hope it's not true), but I heard that in Rio during carnival, they cover the Cristos statue so that he can't see what they're doing...that doesn't make a ton of sense, but anyways, that's carnival. Things here are much more tame...apparently, however, here in Barao Geraldo near the church, there were some 200 police officers trying to stop the craziness- there were people breaking windows and they set a bus on fire...sounds like a good way to prepare for lent to me! (don't worry - we have to be in by 9, so we never saw any of this!)

This week has been great! We've found some new people to teach, and we're trying out a new way of helping the members share the gospel with their friends...hopefully it will work!


                                     Sister Pennington making friends with the local cats ;)

I don't have a lot of time to write, but I'll send some picture that we've taken! I'll write a better e-mail next week!

                                        Sister Pennington and her companion, Sister Howell

Love you all so much and hope that y'all are doing well!

Sister Pennington

No comments:

Post a Comment